Tuesday, October 1, 2013

vibrant

No exam for the rest of this week!

My vibrant trousers made its debut today. It's probably my first trouser that features any sort of color other than black and white :) So ridiculously comfortable and just so me.

I tried the tazo chai tea today. It wasn't bad really, but I still can't stand the unnecessary spices they put in it. I diluted the spices with milk and some sugar, which helped erase the lingering cinnamon (and almost fruit cake like) taste after drinking it.


 I just realized how I seriously need a new pair of pixie  (or as some call it "granny") boots. Mine has obviously seen better days after being severely abused for nearly five and half years now. I might just go with a simple, black (or dusk brown) Chelsea boots next. The lack of laces and long-rounded body give chelsea boots a  ridiculously relaxed and masculine vibe which I thoroughly enjoy. 

For dinner, I finally made my favorite tilapia dish. I tried to make it like my mum's divine tilapia curry-soup dish, but I'm just not that great. Nevertheless, the tilapia came out great and topped with quinoa, it was an ideal healthy, gluten-free meal (at least for a college student with limited resources).

 dish: tilapia cut into small pieces and seasoned in curry, turmeric, cumin, red chili, black pepper, red pepper, parsley, cilantro, and onion powder. Fried on a skillet with olive oil just barely cooked and then put into a saucepan with chopped tomatoes, spinach and a can of diced tomatoes. Sprinkle some salt, 3 green cayenne pepper (diced) and some more curry powder. You can stop here and let the dish sit on medium to med-high heat, but personally, I enjoy my dishes more on the thicker, soupy side so I poured a cup of water after letting the mix sit for 5 minutes. After 10 to 15 more minutes, it's done! Bon appetite :)



No comments:

Post a Comment